Principal Impact Collaborative at UNT Dallas(PIC) specializes in designing and facilitating adult learning opportunities for leaders in the education and public sector. PIC's unique content is delivered by experts in the fields of design thinking, well-being, and adaptive leadership.
THE PRINCIPAL FELLOWSHIP
Our signature two-year, multi-district fellowship for experienced school principals is designed to connect experienced North Texas area principals with like-minded peers, re-ignite their passion for the work, and provide them with the tools and resources to set and execute on a vision to improve their campus.
NEW PRINCIPAL ACADEMY
A one year program tailored to meet the needs of a district or charter networks incoming group of new leaders that focuses on adaptive and executive leadership skills, with an emphasis on leadership resilience.
A customized, cohort based program tailored to support a given district or network's central office leaders at multiple levels to be more innovative, resilient and effective at leading others and sustaining in the work.
CONSULTING & PROGRAM DESIGN
Custom program design, facilitation or consulting in the following areas: Design Thinking, Leader Well-Being, Leadership Development and Adaptive Leadership.
Our Approach to Adult Learning
When serving our partners, we commit to ensuring are sessions are:
- Relevant: Curriculum is designed for participants based on their specific development needs, through rigorous design research and planning with district
- Applied: Leadership development content is practiced in sessions, so leaders can apply to their day to day roles as soon as they return to their office
- Engaging: Adults, like students, need to be stimulated to foster learning, so we provide high energy and interactive learning sessions, not your typical “sit and get”
- Holistic: Personal leadership and well-being will be intertwined with design thinking, organizational management and adaptive leadership, to ensure leaders are able to develop their leadership while bringing their whole selves to the work
- Adaptive: Participant and district feedback will be gathered and analyzed frequently, so that program sessions can be designed based on what’s working and what’s not working
- Authentic: Sessions will create a culture of candor and authenticity, so teams can roll up their sleeves and get to work
- Trusting: Sessions will invest time in building trusting peer relationships and peer sharing, to deepen and enhance learning and collaboration